Thursday, December 08, 2005

Mama's Little Helper

My precious Little Loren is growing soooo fast. She's trying to talk. She's a lot more vocal than Sarah was at that age. She can hold her bottle by herself if it's not completely full. She's trying to laugh. She will cackle out from time to time, but I can't wait for one of those full-fledged "belly laughs." And Sarah is such a good little helper..........when she wants to be. She's still adjusting to the fact that she's no longer the only child around here. But when she's in the mood, she helps me. She'll pick a diaper for Loren and tell me whether she wants her to have Elmo or Cookie Monster this time (or whatever Sesame Street character strikes her fancy at that moment.) She helps by unfolding the diaper, and once I get it in place, she secures the tabs on each side while I hold the diaper. She'll hold Loren's bottle for her. She'll help me lotion her up after a bath.

She even "reads" to Loren. Although she can't read yet, she has an incredible memory. So she sits and turns the pages of the book, pretending to read, and tells the story from memory. She's pretty darn accurate, too. It amazes me how much she retains. One of the funniest things is that since she can't burp Loren, she likes to burp her baby doll while I burp mine (grin.) She gives Loren hugs and kisses, and the sweetest thing is when she sings to her. She'll say, "Big Sissy's gonna sing you a lullaby." And she changes the words from Mama to "Big Sissy" when she sings "Hush Little Baby" (example: "Big Sissy's gonna buy you a mockingbird.") These are just some precious moments that I want to remember.

1 comment:

Miss Hope said...

Yeah, girl, you better remember these precious memories because it won't be long until your living room can pass for Jerry Springer's stage and each girl has a handful of the other's hair. You don't need to ask me how I know, do you?