Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Why blog?

To blog or not to blog..........that is the question. "Why blog?" I think to myself. Well, cause my home girl "Hope from the Edge" swears by it, for one thing. "Do I really have time to do this?" I ask myself? Because, you see, blogging is something I would take quite seriously. This girl does not play. If I'm gonna do it, I must do it well and do it right. Anything worth doing is worth an honest effort, right? And it's just against my personal policy to half-way do anything.......drives me absolutely crazy when other people do that......so I must not be a hypocrite. I must spell check. I must right-justify. I must use post-it notes for good blog material if my hubby is on the computer and something strikes me. Yes, I am anal that way. If you have a problem with it, talk to the Man upstairs........He made me that way. (grin!) I think I've been like that since birth.

After careful consideration, I determined that it would be a good thing for several other reasons (besides my home girl's highly valued opinion. Grin!) It would give me a place to vent, a place to document the neat things in my day to day life that I want to remember (especially with my kids), and it will force me to sit down and make a conscious effort to think about the GOOD things in my life (not just the negatives.) Hopefully that will help me to have a more positive attitude and remind me why it is that, after many years in the workplace, I decided I wanted to do this "stay at home Mom" thing. So yes, it may be a platform for my soap box some days, but I'm gonna really make a concerted effort to make this something positive and try to throw in a little humor to boot. Fellow bloggers, wish me luck in my endeavors! Let the blogging begin!

1 comment:

Guitar Woman said...

This is a test comment, since fellow bloggers are having issues commenting!